Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hummingbirds

Today was bagel day at work. My co-worker was bringing in bagels and I was bringing in the Starbucks. Problem was, when I got to Starbucks I forgot that I was picking up coffee (and that it was bagel day) and proceeded to order a Grande and a scone. Between the sugary scone and the coffee, I had rather the buzz by the time I got to work, at which point I remembered that it was bagel day (the big tub o' bagels served as a nice reminder) and so I dashed off to Starbucks. While I was waiting for them to brew up a fresh pot (they have to brew a batch just for the Coffee Traveler) I enjoyed yet another cup. (Props to Starbucks: They give you a nice-sized container of half and half and tons of Sugar in the Raw, Equal, and coffee implements) Back at the office, I poured a mug of the fresh stuff and had a bagel. At this point, I was flying around the office, typing up a flurry of e-mails, and making phone calls left and right. All before 10 AM. I described myself as "Buzzy the Hummingbird" (anyone care to guess what comic strip that's from and who it was?) to one of the folks in the office.

I was still on the sugar- and caffeine high by the time lunch rolled around and having not brought lunch I walked to the little Chinese place at the end of the street. On the way, I saw a bunch of hummingbirds feeding off the flowering trees that adorn one of the apartment complexes in Mission Valley. What a coincidence, meeting the real deal while I was still feeling very hummingbird-like. After lunch, I almost grabbed more Starbucks, but my inner hummingbird convinced me otherwise.

2 comments:

JeSais said...

hmm. I worry about you Stack, er uh Buzzy... as long as you're not skipping perhaps you'll be ok.

JeSais said...

Huh. I shoulda guessed, but nothing can stop google girl!!
Buzzy the Hummingbird Flies Again!
http://www.thebreakfastclubclan.org/graphics/cartoons/cartoons_calvin_and_hobbes_chocolate_frosted_sugar_bombs_02_buzzy_the_hummingbird(1000x338x256).gif